Are you facing trouble in standing, walking or moving? Don’t worry, XL Physical Therapy and Sports Rehab can help you eliminate your pain and improve mobility. No matter your age, physical therapy will help you overcome various medical conditions, illnesses, and injuries that limit your ability to move and function with reduced health care costs. Physical therapists can help people return to their prior level of functioning through their customized physical therapy program as well as encouraging activities and lifestyle changes for overall health and well being.
It is quite the safest and most effective alternative treatment available today without creating a hole in your pocket. The therapy helps you perform physical activities you were inefficient to perform because of the organic, muscular or neurological lesion by reducing pain and improving mobility by specialized treatments and exercises.
Who Are Physical Therapists?
Movement experts with special training who optimize the quality of life of people through hands-on care, education and prescribed exercise. They help you prevent and manage your condition through their customized therapy programs to help you achieve long-term health benefits.
Responsibilities of a Physical Therapist
- Discussion with the patient to know about the physical condition and symptoms of the patients.
- Creating a customized treatment plan based on movement dysfunction.
- Educate patients about the proper use of therapeutic exercise techniques.
- Help people in using medical equipment.
- Keeping track of the goals and progress by maintaining patient records.
- Assisting patients as a family to know about the in-house treatment options and exercises.
The Top Physical therapy specializations include:
- Cardiovascular/Pulmonary Geriatric: Therapists specialize in this field to help in treating the disease and dysfunctions in the cardiovascular and respiratory system. People suffering from CHF, COPD, and postoperative heart disease can consult these therapists to increase their overall health.
- Geriatric: Medical conditions like cancer, diabetes, obesity. COPD, heart disease and other age-related afflictions have created a great demand for physical therapists.
- Pediatric: Physical therapists dealing with pediatric issues would receive special training on different conditions that affect the children. The conditions of the bones, organs, brain, muscles, and skin are entirely different from that of adults.
- Orthopedic: Conditions that affect joint function and muscle balance can lead to birth defects to injury to surgery. These conditions can affect a baby’s bones and muscles, tendons and ligaments that connect them causing serious problems like difficulty walking and running, bone destruction, deformities in bones, muscles, and joints of the limbs and arthritis in later life. The physical therapists specialize in orthopedics mainly focus on the musculoskeletal system, so that they can create customized treatment plans and restore the patient to the neutral/ harmonious balance.
- Sports Therapy: With times, the sports therapy industry is booming and can provide lots of benefits for overall performance by providing proper therapy, using rehabilitative practices along with injury protection. Various technologies have been introduced to treat injuries and put the patient back to optimum levels of occupational, functional and sports specific fitness. XL Physical Therapy & Sports Rehab, the best sports rehab center in Fort Lauderdale provides special medical training that helps in preventing and treating sports injuries as well as keep athletes on the top of the game.
The therapy eases the pain of the patients through physical treatment, prognosis, physical intervention, diagnosis, rehabilitation, and patient education. It is one of the best choices for your long-term pain or injury.